5/21/09

Beautiful

I've got a song for ya. I have a passion for music, especially lyrics. Grab me, pull me in, make me think. Make me RELATE. I want to hear something and say- yes, I've been there, absolutely. This week, it happened in a big way. I think that this is one of the best songs I've ever heard. I don't think anyone could hear it without it hitting home. It's deep... but it has the attitude I can't seem to get enough of.

People are judgmental. Believe me, I am too. It's so easy to look at others and think what we'd do in their shoes... the things they do that we "never would". The opportunities they do or don't have and don't "do it right"... like we would. Thing is, you don't know how you would do, say, react, live... until you are in someone else's shoes, in their hearts and minds you have no clue what makes them tick. Or why they are on the paths they are. You can think you know it all day long... but you just don't. And no one knows it about you, either. We all make choices that people judge us for. We are all under a microscope at some point. So think about it next time you want to gossip, speculate or whatever else- how do you know? Really?

This video DOES have some profanity, so you may want to grab some headphones! :)




No comments: