7/9/08

Hangin In, Hangin Out, Hangin On......

Well, you can see I've changed the blog. again. I put a poll over there to see what you guys like better, so give me some feedback. I had a couple people tell me it was too hard to read with the dark background, so i thought I'd go plain again for awhile and see what happens.

We had a decent 4th weekend, even though Jim had to work. We went to see "Wanted" Saturday afternoon- left the kids with their grandparents and had an afternoon to ourselves. that, I'll tell you now, is a rarity. An enjoyable one. Especially when you toss in a good movie, which "Wanted" definitely is.

That movie kicks ass! Action from start to finish. Add in two of my favorite Hollywoodland people- the always superb Morgan Freeman, and the chick I'd contemplate switching teams for , Angelina Jolie, and I was all set. The premise is a good one- there is a secret society of assassins, called The Fraternity, that have been following what they believe is Fate, for hundreds of years. Add in the son of a murdered assassin, plot twists that you really don't see coming and the best action, fight sequences you will see ALL summer.... and you have a movie that is hitting my DVD shelf the second it's available. Trust me, we very rarely buy DVD's these days, and when we plan on getting one... both of us... immediately? It's a good movie. Of course, I watch Noggin all day long, so.....

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have never seen such a wet summer. It's been storming and raining since May, and still coming. Terrible weather for keeping your yard mowed and trimmed. The rain keeps it soggy, damp and growing like wild. It also allows for mud puddles, which means mud tracked on my (usually just cleaned) floors. Yeah... not diggin the summer weather this year. It's either storming or so hot you can't enjoy being outside in it. Good times, gooooood times.

Things are okay though. I'm still doing my inner clean-out in the countdown to thirty, and I keep finding out new things, or unearthing old ones, about myself. It's been interesting, to say the least, but it's nice to find out nice things to know rather than just knowing the flaws. Although that's a good thing too- people who don't know their flaws are usually pretty obnoxious, LOL. Because they think they don't have any, maybe? Or just don't see the flaws you do as flaws? something to ponder, I suppose.

I have been toying with the idea of posting some of my writing here. Some of my poetry, parts of my novels, that sort of thing. What do you think? Would you want to be bored from your skulls reading that sort of thing?

Hope everyone had a fabulous 4th and did all they planned to, even with the ridiculously, obscenely high price of gas. Did I mention it's obscene? 'K, just checking.

1 comment:

Who Cares said...

I, for one, would enjoy reading some of your writings... I say, go for it!!!!