2/17/09

Some Pink Fluff

I thought I'd pop a recipe on here, since I'm an avid food blog reader. It's nothing complicated- no cooking involved at all! Basically, it's a summery, desserty "salad" I grew up eating, and I really really enjoy it.

Pink Fluff

1 can cherry pie filling
1 tub Cool Whip
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 can crushed or chunk pineapple, drained
1/2 cup to 1 cup walnuts

Mix together, chill, and voila! A simple treat for everyone.

I have seen this, but never tried it, with mini marshmallows and condensed milk. If anyone has any variations on this, please let me know what you think! I'm working on a version that will work with blueberry pie filling... but that's an entirely different recipe! LOL

1 comment:

we_be_toys said...

My mother makes something like this, using fresh raspberries. I think she had another version that used Cool Whip, strawberry yogurt, and fresh strawberries, mixed together and poured into a pie crust. Then she froze it, and it was a fab low-fat dessert.

I've been on a scone kick lately. The ones at the bakery are too dry and biscuity, so my girlfriend and I tweaked a biscotti recipe and made scones with it. They don't suck!