6/16/08

Two Wolves-


Got this in an email from my Dad. Thought it was pretty straight forward. Hard to remember sometimes, though, isn't it??

Explained very simply!


Two Wolves

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, 'My son, the battle is between two 'wolves' inside us all.
One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.
The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.'
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: 'Which wolf wins?'
The old Cherokee simply replied, 'The one you feed.

3 comments:

NH Yocal said...

I like that; it's very, very true. I really have to remember not to feed my bad wolf and give lots more juicy bacon strips to the good one! Thanks for adding me; going to add you to ZookLight too!

Autumn said...

It's hard to keep in mind sometimes. I try to keep the good one full, but sometimes the other guy grabs a bite or two.

Can Bass 1 said...

A similar tale was told in the Chancellor's sermon on Sunday - but the wolves had been transformed into foxes!