1/21/08

The Cookie Formerly Known as “Uh-Oh!”

It’s not a secret that I have a love affair with cookies. And cake. And… ok, almost anything that is a sweet treat, I’m there. But, I have my favorites, just like everyone else, and while I’m usually a soft, chewy cookie kind of gal, there’s one cookie that seems to top ‘em all.

I’m crazy for Oreo’s. Not just the regular or Double Stuf variety, either. Oh no, not me- that would be too simple. While there isn’t an Oreo I’d refuse (or stop at one ..or six.. at) there is one Oreo that makes my heart, and taste buds, go mad.

I am absolutely nuts for the Golden Oreo’s with chocolate creme. These are the cookies I hide from the children, seriously. Isn’t that awful? I mean, sometimes we buy extras with cookies or donuts, whatever, so Jim and I can have a little something for ourselves, but I hide entire bags of these cookies from my children. And eat them on the sly.

Why am I devoting an entire post to cookies?? Especially cookies of the not baked by me variety? Because Jim recently re-discovered these for me, and I’d almost forgotten how much I enjoy them. Which is, obviously, a lot. But, I’m mainly devoting a post to cookies because it’s a guilty pleasure. A simple pleasure- something that makes me super happy and takes almost no effort on anyone else’s part. Or really of my own, other than lift, chew, repeat. And when you’re a mom, it’s all about those things. Five minutes to really enjoy something for just you, no matter what it is. Even if it’s just eating a cookie. Or six…

No comments: